The way heading to...

What is the best thing to do on a bright Sunday morning? The question that I kept asking myself... I was thinking of a fishing trip, dad gave the nod but then I feel that it's a wee bit boring and finally I decided to just stay at home and rot. As you guys know, I had just recently met with an accident but before that, I needed dad's help to actually show me the way to this hill top Thai restaurant somewhere in Teluk Kumbar. Anyway, since that accident, I didn't really mentioned anything about it but I seriously need help, maybe a map or better if a tour guide to show me the way there.

Sigh... it may be old skool, but I have to drag Mrs. Ong in. Hahaha. I made mum ask dad to bring us there. Hehehehe... From the look of his face, he seemed reluctant but I don't care. No matter what it takes, I just need to know the way there. Hmm, it was about 11 something if I am not mistaken and we set journey to locate this hill top Thai restaurant. To my surprise, cheh... it was not so hard to locate that place. I passed by that area a couple of times already, just that I didn't notice the signboard. And YES, there is a signboard, "Bukit Genting Hill Leisure Park and Restaurant" this way UP, (1KM).

OMG, to my surprise, the road leading up to that restaurant... it's torturous, to the car I mean. Slowly crawling up that hill, I was so afraid something might happen to a car, one scratch and geezzz, dad is going to screw me first for coming up with the idea and mum second for supporting me. Slowly crawling up at slow speed (not because the car couldn't handle it), it reminds me of my trip to Fruit Farm in Teluk Bahang. You can see nutmeg trees and some durian and chempedak trees as usual. The whole climb took about 5 minutes or so.

The moment I reach the top of the hill, or should I say the restaurant, I was like... YEAH... !!! I made it. Hahaha. Okay, I know how to get here now. We parked the car and came down to have a look at the place. Hmm... I have to say, the environment, the ambience, the serenity... nothing beats it. You just feel relax when you are up there. The air is kinda cool, pollution free? I bet so. The view, one word... SPECTACULAR. Somehow, I don't seem to get the animal sculptures they made and place there. It makes the whole place feel UN-natural despite the purpose is the opposite. Dad made a joke about the animal sculptures, considering they were made kinda thin, Dad said the restaurant didn't feed their "pets"; LOL. Hmm.. he is in good mood until....

Okay, every trip has its ending. We didn't stop for the food. So after spending about half an hour gazing at the splendid view, we drove down the hill again. This is the part where dad starts to lecture again. The road down hill, hmm... one advice, two in fact; Don't drive up here if your brakes are not so effective, better make sure your ABS system is working (for safety purposes) and second, don't drive up here if it's raining or your tires are worn out. So going down was easy, minus all those tricky 180 degrees turning but it took us less time to reach the bottom of the hill. Finally, we head back home.

You may think it seems a bit stupid, considering we drove all the way from Fettes Park to Bukit Genting, but nope its not stupid at all. My birthday is soon and I am planning to head up there to celebrate. Not so for the food, but definitely for the view again. The Proton is ready. I am ready. My friends are ready. Lets pray and hope it doesn't rain this coming Friday.

* fingers crossed *

0 comments:

Just a thought

Sometimes, the person you fall for isn't ready to catch you. Sometimes the person who is ready to catch you is not one you'd fall for.

Life is not fair. We often bring misery to those who care for us and they are the ones who cry for us. On the contrary, we often cry for those who won't and never will care for us. Shame as it is, these people who always have our care and concern, that very 'special' place in our heart, won't and never will shed a tear for us. [June 11]

On our quest to achieve a distant dream, we tend to miss out on life and all the better things that are within our reach. [June 23]

It takes a lot more than just love to make a relationship work. [June 25]

About Me

My photo
A student who is constantly learning and not tired of learning. Learning from lecturers, life lessons from friends and personal experience. I love bikes. I enjoy listening to music. I like fishing. Not the typical outgoing teenager, but nothing special.

Followers