First solo ride around the beautiful Penang Island

Whoa... I have to say I finally realize that I am such a pain in the ass. Well, all this while I do notice that I am someone who loves to brag, show off and deviate from norms. On top of that, at times I am someone whom you would call as "damage", that is that I make myself feel superior through the inferiority and misfortune of others. And yesterday, I learned my biggest lesson in life. My pros are actually the cons that break and tear me apart. SELF CONFIDENCE. That is why they say we should always practice moderation, too little and you are bullied, too much and you are dickhead.

As I have planned, I wanted to go on a solo bike trip around Penang island and yes I did it. Man i tell you, it is that fun. The best thing about riding a bike is that even though you don't have a destination to reach, you continue riding until you reach a dead end, you make a turn back, and continue to ride... until the next dead end, make another turn... and you just eat up the miles, reaching places you never reached, discover things you never did and seeing things you never thought seeing. Riding across those quiet winding roads, passing through those peaceful sub-urb, you just clears off all the shits and nonsense that is in your head. The road, the rider and the machine. The vibes, the sound, I gonna start talking mumbo-jumbo here, its really amazing how you just bond with the machine you ride. Its really difficult to put it in words. You just gotta experience it to know it.

Do check this link out, http://motorcycledaily.com/10march09_sharp&soft.htm

Studies shows that riding motorcycles can sharpen your brain. There is also a link to a very fascinating book (I want one of this too), Steven L. Thompson's fascinating book, Bodies in Motion, which tries to discover why some people are predisposed to riding motorcycles and some are not. Anyway guys, dump those 4 wheels and start turning on the ignition, kicking those starters (or press "start" them) and ride to work (or to school or college). Hehehe.

Review: My recently fitted rear tire, the Bridgestone Battlax BT45r actually outperforms my expectation. Okay, I have been riding the bike for a couple of months now, and I have to say, this tire really did change the bike a little if not a lot compared to the previous Michelin. The tire does inspire confidence in the rider even during some wet and uneven surfaces, the bike was still manageable. Hmm... the front Duro tire, the HF918, was surprisingly not that bad. Okay, it did scare me a lil', pushed too hard and the manoeuvres just gets messy. But overall, it is not bad, considering its price.

I think I rode pretty aggressive today, considering I tackled a few bends at triple digit speeds, above 100km/h (damn high), raced with some Mat rempits on mopeds(jeez they are fast) and hit the straights at illegal speeds. Hahaha... I am still alive. Well, CK is still alive to see the sun rise tomorrow and hopefully... CK will change his personality; to be a better man.

0 comments:

Just a thought

Sometimes, the person you fall for isn't ready to catch you. Sometimes the person who is ready to catch you is not one you'd fall for.

Life is not fair. We often bring misery to those who care for us and they are the ones who cry for us. On the contrary, we often cry for those who won't and never will care for us. Shame as it is, these people who always have our care and concern, that very 'special' place in our heart, won't and never will shed a tear for us. [June 11]

On our quest to achieve a distant dream, we tend to miss out on life and all the better things that are within our reach. [June 23]

It takes a lot more than just love to make a relationship work. [June 25]

About Me

My photo
A student who is constantly learning and not tired of learning. Learning from lecturers, life lessons from friends and personal experience. I love bikes. I enjoy listening to music. I like fishing. Not the typical outgoing teenager, but nothing special.

Followers