A great weekend

I have just got to love fishing. Fishing is so fun... I have been fishing for two days in a row, Saturday and Sunday. I guess dad was in good mood, LOL. On Saturday, he took me and my bro all the way to Kuala Sungai Pinang and for your info, it is further than Monkey Beach and Pantai Kerachut and it's not that polluted stinking Sungai Pinang. After setting up the boat, we set journey to this Kuala Sungai Pinang. So you would be wondering how was the boat ride. To be honest, it was kinda boring; LOL. How do you describe a ride on an Explorer F17 powered by a Suzuki 15HP outboard motor? SLOW. It took us approximately 40 minutes to reach this Kuala Sungai Pinang from the place where we parked the boat.

I have to say being a Penangite, everyone should go for a boat ride around Penang island. No words can describe it. I am speechless when we travelled so far to this Kuala Sungai Pinang, we pass by Batu Feringghi, Teluk Bahang, Monkey Beach and Pantai Kerachut. Who ever say the beaches in Penang is dirty and polluted (minus Gurney Drive)? My honest opinion, I would say Penang has one of the best beaches in Malaysia, probably the world. Anyway, once we reach there, we lay down our nets in search for baits. Our mission on Saturday, to look for grouper. As usual, bro took along all his fishing gears (show off). After getting enough baits (live prawns and cuttlefish), we proceed to fish at nearby places near rocky beaches.

So did we manage to get any grouper? Well, a lot of groupers. Not joking. Okay, maybe they aren't a kilo or two in size, we did manage to caught a lot of small groupers, baby groupers. Sigh, I am really really pissed off. I don't have a camera or at least a good camera or I would have taken lots and lots of pics. Time for me to save money to get a good water resistant camera, hehehe. After getting enough groupers, we decided that we should head home before it gets too dark. Yet again, another 40 minutes ride back. We almost didn't have enough fuel to reach Tanjung Bungah forcing us to go for a pit stop at Batu Ferringhi to refuel with a guy named Ah Boon. He is no baboon okay, he is a nice guy. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have reached home on Saturday night.

Tiredness never stop me or dad from fishing. Bro is totally knocked out after one whole day at the sea. Today, we set out to sea in search for the mullets I showed you guys that day. Well, the weather was fine in the morning, yet when it reaches mid-day, it started drizzling then raining. This is worsened by strong winds and waves. Nonetheless, we did manage to get ourselves some fish. Hehehe. Mullets of course, prawns definitely and promfets. Yupz, promfets. Let me upload the pic of the mullets and promfets I caught.

Pic of promfets I caught. This are caught, look properly and you will see the markings of the net. And look at the silver scales, they are fresh. Hehehe.

Hmm... this is a surprise. This is King of Mullets. Though only one, this King of Mullets is 14 inches in length, compared to the normal ones, 6 inches.

Before I end this post, I bet you guys had probably heard of the "electric fish". You guys had probably heard of how it will shock you with the currents generated from its body. Well, you know what, I managed to caught our very own local "electric fish". It doesn't look like a fish, it's a ray, an electric ray. Yupz, you heard me right... For your info, it is very very cute. Extremely cute. It's black in color, soft, slimy with two small tiny eyes. Hahaha. Forgive me for being so excited. This is my first encounter with an "electric ray"... I checked the Internet and based on wikipedia, it is called the finless sleeper ray under the Narkidae family. Its binomial name is Temera hardwickii, what a cute name for a cute fish. Here are two pics of the "electric ray" ...ZZZ

It is just very small, seems harmless and damn cute.
There are 2 white spots on the right and left.

Touch me and I will "surprise" you!!!

Well, that's it for now. I need to get some rest now. Dad is back to work and I am back to college. Will keep you guys updated on my next fishing trip...

0 comments:

Just a thought

Sometimes, the person you fall for isn't ready to catch you. Sometimes the person who is ready to catch you is not one you'd fall for.

Life is not fair. We often bring misery to those who care for us and they are the ones who cry for us. On the contrary, we often cry for those who won't and never will care for us. Shame as it is, these people who always have our care and concern, that very 'special' place in our heart, won't and never will shed a tear for us. [June 11]

On our quest to achieve a distant dream, we tend to miss out on life and all the better things that are within our reach. [June 23]

It takes a lot more than just love to make a relationship work. [June 25]

About Me

My photo
A student who is constantly learning and not tired of learning. Learning from lecturers, life lessons from friends and personal experience. I love bikes. I enjoy listening to music. I like fishing. Not the typical outgoing teenager, but nothing special.

Followers