The Premier College in Penang... (the story behind it)

The ABSURDITY in KDU College Penang Campus has just reached its maximum.

Come this June 22, which is about a week or so from now, ALL KDU STUDENTS are required to wear the student card, (okay... they prefer us to call it the "smart cards") ; students are required to wear their smart cards on their body for the purpose of identification due to the recent rise in theft cases in the campus. The reasons they gave to implement such a stupid yet childish method was that to protect of course not only the student's assets and belongings but also those belonging to the college.

So... one would probably wonder why I am so pissed at such move being made compulsory by none other than the head or principal of KDU College Penang campus, Dr Chong Beng Keok. First and foremost, to implement such move will require the involvement of all faculties and schools within the campus. Albeit being able to make it compulsory for the employees of KDU to obey such rules (or they will get the boot if they disobey, personally witnessed such cases before [insubordination]), to think rationally, are they able to make it compulsory to the 3000 students in that campus. (3000 is just a rough estimation). Even though if they manage to make it compulsory, what can they do to make the students obey such idiotic rule. Discipline is another issue but to have students being penalised or even brought to a hearing for not wearing his/her "smartcard" which I prefer to call it the DOG TAG, still wouldn't bring much effect in making students obey. Come on, let us be honest to ourselves. Fellow coursemates and friends who read my blog, I think as teenagers, we are somewhat rebellious and the more "mature" adults want us to do something, we always end up doing the opposite. Hokkien people also have a saying-la, "chiak nui boh chiak theng". Though I'm graduating and leaving the college soon, with my limited ability to forecast, the possibility of the rate of success of this rule being fully implemented and fully obeyed is not zero (due to the KDU employees ma) but will never reach 50%. Well that is just an optimistic projection from a student with limited ability to do a forecast.

Next. How successful can this rule help in curbing the theft cases in campus? Come on, if the rule is not going to be effective in solving this cases or even preventing new cases from happening, why bother wasting time to implement it. Why start something so absurd and soon after not being able to achieve success with it, just shuts the whole thing down and walk off with shame. Well, maybe that is the way KDU College Penang Campus operates (Oops!!!). If the students are required to wear the card, haven't the management or the principal figure out that outsiders can simply duplicate the card. Don't you guys agree? Duh!!! Wearing those smart cards, I wonder if there is going to be anyone who will be bothered to check the card you're wearing, whether the card belongs to you or your friends, or probably you are just a freaking snobbish s.o.b who could be wearing your Platinum AMEX card on your neck (plenty of such people in KDU). And KDU being KDU, the smart card is a business to them whether or not they see it my way. You lose the card, you can't enter the campus until you make a new card. Making a new card of course again cost you money. RM50.00 if I'm not mistaken. (Hey, I don't study Diploma in Business for two years and learnt nothing okay).

I swear I am going to end this rant soon. Just hold on and bear with me okay? Last but not least, did the management or college authorities or even the principal investigate the theft issue and find out the reason of it happening. That again brings me to the next question. WHAT THE HELL IS THE SECURITY PERSONNELS DOING? The purpose of hiring the security personnels (have high regards for them by not calling them guards which is so degrading to their profession) is to maintain order and safety in the campus. Their duty does not only confine to shoo-ing students away for parking their cars in front of the campus. By now you'll be asking yourself, "ya hor, what were the security personnels (guards) doing?" Well, if one sits at the front lobby for 15 minutes, you can witness strangers walking in and out of campus and these security personnels just sit their bumps on the bench provided. Okay, I hope I don't give you guys the impression that I am blaming the guards. I have no such intention at all. I am merely stating that it is within their duty and responsibility in trying to prevent such theft cases from happening INSIDE the campus which they failed, BADLY. So,... why penalise the students for something that they didn't do. Why are we made to wear the smart cards when we have done nothing wrong? To make it clear, I am not against the ruling... I am not sure how other colleges or universities operate. Perhaps they require their students to wear their IDs, but to make it compulsory now that theft cases are happening is such a disgrace to one of the premier colleges in Penang (not being able to catch the thief, we catch the students).

End of my rants for now. More to come this June 22 if I am forced to wear my DOG TAG. Sorry but I have no respect for the smart card or whatsover ID that we have in college. We, or maybe I believe that as adults, individuals we are very mature. Don't tell me or give me reasons such as you have to wear it at your workplace too in the future. I don't buy that. Allow me to apologize here too if I've offended anyone from KDU College Penang Campus, the principal included.

Students graduating, my friends... please make sure that you have completed all your MPW papers. You are required to fill in a form to claim your certificate or something like that. Please make sure you've settled all your payments. That's it. Nothing much to say. The final exam timetable will be uploaded into KCN soon and will be available for viewing at the notice board in front of the Business school. Thank you for your time. Its a pleasure to have my blog as the place where I can rant non-stop. Hahaha...

Like what my friend said
*for every progress that we try to make
we achieved nothing but more regression*

Think about it. Awesome isn't it?

0 comments:

Just a thought

Sometimes, the person you fall for isn't ready to catch you. Sometimes the person who is ready to catch you is not one you'd fall for.

Life is not fair. We often bring misery to those who care for us and they are the ones who cry for us. On the contrary, we often cry for those who won't and never will care for us. Shame as it is, these people who always have our care and concern, that very 'special' place in our heart, won't and never will shed a tear for us. [June 11]

On our quest to achieve a distant dream, we tend to miss out on life and all the better things that are within our reach. [June 23]

It takes a lot more than just love to make a relationship work. [June 25]

About Me

My photo
A student who is constantly learning and not tired of learning. Learning from lecturers, life lessons from friends and personal experience. I love bikes. I enjoy listening to music. I like fishing. Not the typical outgoing teenager, but nothing special.

Followers